Mental Health Infrastructure & Training
The REACH NOLA Mental Health Infrastructure & Training (MHIT) Project:
- is a collaboration of many local and national nonprofit organizations, public agencies, and academic institutions.
- seeks to address depression and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- provides infrastructure support for local clinics, counseling centers, and community organizations.
- offers expert-led training programs and follow up activities to improve mental health care access, quality of care, and outreach.
- uses an evidence-based "collaborative care" model to improve symptoms of depression, stress and anxiety, in part by helping providers work together as a team.
Project Director: Ben Springgate, MD, MPH
Project Manager: Ashley Wennerstrom, MPH
MHIT Program Office: 1555 Poydras Street, Suite 831, New Orleans, LA 70112 • (504) 988-4007
The REACH NOLA Mental Health Infrastructure & Training Project is made possible by a Behavioral Health Grant through the American Red Cross Hurricane Recovery Program.